Joanne Juteau Early Childhood Education Scholarship
Annual $500 ECE Scholarship
Joanne Juteau was known for her contributions to the Early Learning and Child Care Sector, inspiring and providing support to many Early Childhood Educators within the field.
AECENLs Joanne Juteau Early Childhood Education Scholarship will be awarded annually to an Early Childhood Education student who is going into the second year of study (or equivalent) in an ECE Diploma program from a provincially recognized Post-Secondary Institution. The Early Childhood Education student will have demonstrated commendable academic performance and community service over the course of their study in the program. The annual Joanne Juteau Early Childhood Education Scholarship is valued at $500.00.
- Resident of Newfoundland & Labrador
- Completed their first year or equivalent of first year if completing the program by distance/online) of the Early Childhood Education Diploma or Degree program from a provincially recognized Post-secondary Institution.
- Returning to the Early Childhood Education Diploma or Degree program at a provincially recognized post-secondary institution in a subsequent semester for the second year of the program.
- Has worked or volunteered with young children and demonstrates leadership and a commitment to their community
- Minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3 or 75% average. While we consider your GPA, we place great emphasis on your demonstrated commitment to leadership and community service.
- This scholarship is open to registered students who are completing their second year of study in ECE (At the time of applying, students must have already completed at least the 50% ECE Courses or equivalent of the first year in the ECE Diploma or Degree Program that they are enrolled in). Proof of registration is required.
For more information please refer to the Joanne Juteau Scholarship Guidelines and Application Form in the resource section of this page