ECE Graduate Bursary
Important Notice: The ECE Graduate Bursary Program will end on June 30, 2024
The ECE Graduate Bursary Program is to assist Early Childhood Educators who have obtained a Diploma in ECE through a recognized post-secondary institution in Newfoundland and Labrador. Bursaries are available to graduates who meet the criteria set by the Department of Education. In return, bursary recipients must commit to work in a regulated child care service in this province for three years after graduation.
ECEs who previously received the ECE Graduate Bursary through the Department of Education will continue to maintain their Return of Service Agreement with the Department of Education. Anyone new applying for the ECE Graduate Bursary will have their Return of Service Agreement with AECENL.
The ECE Graduate Bursary Program policies and eligibility requirements can be obtained at Department of Education website: ECE Graduate Bursary Policy ECE Graduate Bursary Policy (FR)
The eligible bursary amount is up to $7,500 to graduates of an ECE Diploma program from a provincially recognized Post-Secondary Institution (graduate on or before June 30, 2024). Funding received under the ECE Trainee Bursary Program (ELCD-BUR-002) will be deducted from the total eligible amount of the ECE Graduate Bursary Program.
How to apply for the ECE Graduate Bursary Program:
- Print current ECE Graduate Bursary Application Form.
- Complete all required sections of the application form.
- You must hand sign the application. An electronic signature is not accepted.
- Include a copy of ECE Diploma.
- Include a copy of official transcripts.
- Include proof of employment in a regulated childcare service in Newfoundland and Labrador:
- Regulated Centre - Correspondence from employer indicating start date and confirming permanent full-time or permanent part-time status.
- Regulated Family Home Child Care – Copy of License or Approval Certificate (from the Agency) and documentation of start date.
- Attach the following bank information if this is your first time applying or information has changed:
- Direct deposit banking form or void cheque
- TD1 - hand signed (electronic signature NOT acceptable)
- TD1NL- hand signed (electronic signature NOT acceptable)
- Copy of social insurance number (SIN) or confirmation of temporary SIN expiration date (if applicable)
- Applications and the required documentation must be submitted within six months of graduation (graduate on or before June 30, 2024).
- Applications can be submitted via regular mail, couriered, dropped off or emailed.
- If emailing the application, please send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to email the application:
- Only eligible PDF scanned applications will be accepted. Photos (e.g.: .jpg) are not acceptable as they are unable to produce legible copies.
- Put your name (first and last) and ECE Graduate Bursary Application in the subject line of the e-email before sending.
- Retain a copy of the original e-mail for your record, in the event it is requested to be resubmitted again.
If you have any additional questions regarding the ECE Graduate Bursary, please contact the Financial Administrator at (709) 726-3044 or at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: The French version of the ECE Bursary/Grant Policies is provided as a courtesy to the Francophone community. In the unlikely event where there is a discrepancy or conflict between the French and English versions of the ECE Bursary/Grant Policies, the English version shall have precedence over the French version.