ECE Recruitment and Retention Grant
The ECE Recruitment and Retention Grant is to provide funding to recruit and retain Level I to Level IV Early Childhood Educators. The grant includes a commitment for recipients to work in a regulated child care service in Newfoundland and Labrador.
The Association of Early Childhood Educators Newfoundland and Labrador (AECENL) will provide the ECE Recruitment and Retention Grant to those who qualify in conjunction with the child care services certification application process.
The ECE Recruitment and Retention Grant policies and eligibility requirements can be obtained at Department of Education website: Early Childhood Education (ECE) Recruitment and Retention Grant
Early Childhood Educaiton (ECE) Recruitment and Retention Grant (FR)
Applicants are eligible to receive a maximum of $2,500 for initial and each three-year renewal of AECENL Level I to IV child care services certification, up to total amount of $7,500.
How to apply for the ECE Recruitment and Retention Grant:
- Print current ECE Recruitment and Retention Grant Verification of Employment Form.
- Complete all required sections of the application form.
- You and your employer (if applicable) must hand sign the ECE Recruitment and Retention Grant Verification of Employment Form, an electronic signature is not accepted.
- Attach the following bank information if this is your first time applying or if information has changed:
- Direct deposit banking form or void cheque
- TD1 - hand signed (electronic signature NOT acceptable)
- TD1NL- hand signed (electronic signature NOT acceptable)
- Copy of social insurance number (SIN) or confirmation of temporary SIN expiration date (if applicable)
- The ECE Recruitment and Retention Grant Verification of Employment Form is to accompany either your Initial or Renewal Application package.
- Application packages can be submitted via regular mail, couriered, dropped off or emailed (only the initial application package can be e-mailed).
- If emailing the Initial Application Form and the ECE Recruitment and Retention Grant Verification of Employment Form, please send it to: email@example.com.
How to email the application (Initial Application Package only):
- Only eligible PDF scanned applications will be accepted. Photos (e.g.: .jpg) are not acceptable as they are unable to produce legible copies.
- Put your name (first and last) and Initial Application/ECE Recruitment and Retention Grant Application in the subject line of the e-email before sending.
- Retain a copy of the original e-mail for your record, in the event it is requested to be resubmitted again.
If you have any additional questions regarding the ECE Recruitment and Retention Grant, please contact the Financial Administrator at (709) 726-3044 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: The French version of the ECE Bursary/Grant Policies is provided as a courtesy to the Francophone community. In the unlikely event where there is a discrepancy or conflict between the French and English versions of the ECE Bursary/Grant Policies, the English version shall have precedence over the French version.