PL Grant Fund
There is a PL Grant Fund that is available to help support local professional development events to take place. Through the PL Grant Fund the applicant may be eligible for reimbursement of up to $150.00 of PL event related expenses. Consideration will be given to size, scope, and expected audience. The PL event can be for in-house training or open to certification holders in the immediate vicinity. The applicant needs to be approved for eligibility to receive the PL Grant Fund prior to the event. Here’s what you need to know:
When to Apply:
- You can access the 2023/2024 PL Grant Fund until March 31, 2024 (or until funds are exhausted).
How to Apply:
- Include a short description of your PL Event including: topic, facilitator, date and length of PL, and intended audience (for example, ECEs in-house at a child care centre, a group of family child care providers, or a public event open to ECEs in the community).
Who can Apply:
- Any ECE in NL holding Child Care Services Certification that wants to offer a PL event for their centre or for the community.
- A family child care provider that offers PL to a group of providers or the community.
What PL Events will be Considered:
- Grants will be approved on a case-by-case basis. Consideration is given to the scope and quality of the proposed PL event, as well as its audience.
Examples of PL Events Accepted for the PL Grant Fund:
- An in-house professional learning day hosted by a centre for their staff.
- A PL event using DVDs or workshops from the PL Lending Library.
- A workshop open to family child care providers.
- A group of ECEs meeting in person to participate in an online learning event. For example, AECENL's provincial conference or online regional events.
What does the Grant cover:
- Facilitator or speaker fees
- Rental space
- Materials or printing costs associated with the PL Event
- Refreshments served during the PL Event
- Expenses not listed above approved in advance by the PL Coordinator
If you are organizing, or would like to organize a PL event for ECEs in your area contact the Professional Learning Coordinator for more information about the PL Grant Fund at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (709) 579-8993.